Thursday, March 24, 2011

Befriending ain't equal to Courting

photo credits: clker.com

 "Sino yung babaeng kasabay mong naglalakad kanina ha?"
 ("Who's that girl you're walking with?")
 Many friends are asking me this question over and over. Undeniably, they're thinking that I'm a chick magnet even with my doubtful looks because every time they see me, I'm with a different girl. If you might also see me in the campus strolling, you might want to query the same.
 Yet, another question would pop up. "Bakit wala ka pa rin palang girlfriend?" ("Why is it you still don't have a girlfriend?") Only a dead air will be my response to this. 
 Then,my mind started asking me the same questions combined. "Marami ka nga na kaibigang babae ngunit bakit wala kang girlfriend?" ("You really have many girl-friends but why not have a real 'girlfriend'?")
  It's been a 2 years since I've been in a serious relationship and that relationship didn't end very well. After that, I've been struggling to be close with the one who caught my eye and my full attention. There's Ms. Raisa that I've used to love, almost, when I was in my first year in college and Ms. Zarah since the 1st semester of my second year. Along also came my "class crush" whom gaves me the reason to attend classes regularly with all my heart. And with all those classes, there came my very trustee friends which are, nonetheless, girls.
 Yet, the question nevertheless remains the same. Befriending a girl is not equally alike to courting a girl in three particular ways.
 1. When introducing yourself to girl whom you don't have an intention of liking, there's no tense feeling circulating through your body especially a fast heartbeat.
 2. Every physical contact between you and your friend e.g. skin to skin doesn't emit the so-called 'static effect' which sometimes is interconnected to being soul mates.
 3. And, talking to another girl for the first time is as much as the same with other friends you made unlike when talking to your crush for the first time, you stutter like hell and feels like you’re going to throw up in front of her because of your absolute nervousness.
 Actually, those ways were just made up. All were based to how I've handled the subject matter and up until now, I'm a waste. So a piece of advice to those teens like me out there, stick out your balls, put on your best attire and start having a real 'girlfriend' before coming to the point of thinking you're a gay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment